Olrac Odelot

I was never a fan of Filipino movie. I always thought that it's a waste of money because of poor visual and not so good story line. However, one movie caught my eyes 1 month ago while watching TV. It was a movie about the relationship between gay couple and the mother of one of the gay couple...Not new in international industry but kinda new to Filipino big screen...maybe this one is good, I told myself.

Last Friday, I watched this with my baby. I was a little reluctant because not really a movie for guys but I was really surprised to see how many people really wanted to watch the movie...there were grandma (maybe because Vilma Santos was in the movie. She was actually one of the best actresses in Filipino movie)...there were straight couple...barkadan (group of friends)...I actually didn't gay couples there... When I entered the movie house, it was the first time I didn't seat in the balcony coz it was really full. So I just on the orchestra part of the theater. Before the movie started, a lot of people kept on coming in...I was not the only one who thought that the movie could be really good.

All the actors were good in the movie...especially John Lloyd Cruz who really leveled with Vilma Santos. Luis Manzano only has satisfactory acting skill for me because maybe two great actors were also in the movie. There were funny scenes which surely made me laugh especially those scenes with Vice Ganda...There were really dramatic moment that showed how good John Lloyd is like when he was in the bridge with Luis and hugging Luis on his back...there were no lines for John but just the face was really acting. The other one is the confrontation scene with Vilma in the funeral of Luis, I think John surpassed Vilma in this scene. :) Dimple should also be credited in her scene with Vilma Santos after  Luis died. There were also nice special effect like when Luis had an accident.

I really enjoyed the movie. I really recommend to see the movie with your mother. This is not only for gay couple...and I think gay couple would be disappointed because there were actually few sweet scene between John and Luis...the kiss was really short but really heart-felt. This  is for the whole family.





Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment